Prince George's County Dinosaur Park
In December 1995, Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission acquired 22 acres near Blue Ponds Park, Muirkirk, Prince George's County, Maryland , for a Dinosaur Park. This park will be a permanent site for participatory dinosaur digs, open to the public. It is currently open 12-4pm the first and third Saturday of each month.
You can help support Dr. Kranz and other local scientists in developing the Dinosaur Park.
Suggested Donation: As much time, money and energy as you can spare
Official Park Web Page
- Nodosaur tooth
- Dinosaur tibia found in Prince George's County , Maryland (Pic 1) (Pic 2) (Pic 3) (Pic 4)
- New dinosaur park yields fossil for 9-year-old girl - November 23, 2009 Baltimore Sun article.
- 7-year-old finds dinosaur jawbone at Dinosaur Park in Laurel - October 3, 2010 Baltimore Sun article.
- Astrodon teeth
- Crocodilian teeth
- Deinonychus Teeth
- Dinosaur ribs
- Priconodon Teeth
- Ornithomimid Claw
- Theropod Toe
- Turtle Shell
Dinosaur Fund in the News
- Youtube video of a visit to the park
- Finding Fossils in Suburbia
- Blog about a visit to the park
- Ed Brown Show - Laurel Dinosaur Park
- Dinosaur hunters make curious find in Prince George's County - Washington Post 9/21/2011
- Dinosaur fossil, found in Laurel, made plain by rain - Washington Times 9/21/2011
- Excavating fossilized dinosaur bone - baltimoresun.com 9/21/2011
- Dinosaur bones discovered in Maryland - News Channel 8 9/21/2011
- Scientists Dig Up Dinosaur Bone In Laurel - WBAL TV 9/21/2011
- Dinosaur Bone Found In PG County - WJZ 13 9/21/2011
- Cretaceous Park - Maryland Life 4/14/2011
- Bringing dinosaurs to life - Baltimore Sun 2/12/2011
- 7 year old finds dinosuar jaw bone - Baltimore Sun 10/3/2010
- Dinosaur Park - Bowie Living 4/24/2010