Institute for Physical Science and Technology
Computer and Space Sciences 4253
*** Page being updated - currently mix of new, old, and very old! ***
- Associate Research Professor, Institute for Physical Science and Technology (IPST), University of Maryland, College Park.
- Program Manager, Applied Mathematics Research, & Program Manager, SciDAC Partnerships, Office of Scientific Computing Research, US Department of Energy (2005-2007).
- Board member, Joint US-Netherlands University of Maryland Burgers Program for Fluid Dynamics (2005-2008).
- Director, Laboratory for Computation and Visualization (LCV), IPST, University of Maryland, College Park (1999-2005).
- Scientist, CT Project (formerly High Performance Computing and Communications Project, HPCCP), NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (1991-2004).
- Director, NASA Summer School for High Performance Computational Earth and Space Sciences (here) (2001-2004).
- Fluid dynamics, CFD, Parallel Computing
- Space Physics, MHD
- Microgravity fluid physics
Download Recent Papers
- Lee, D. and Deane, A.E., "An Unsplit Staggered Mesh Scheme for Multidimensional Magnetohydrodynamics with Efficient Dissipation Controls," (preprint, 2007). (pdf download)
- Kalb, V. and Deane, A.E., "An intrinsic stabilization scheme for proper orthogonal decomposition based low-dimensional models , Phys. Fluids 19, 054106 (2007). (pdf download)
- I organize the Scientific Computation Seminar. See here for the Fall 01 schedule.
- Virgina Kalb is pursuing Ph.D research on wake flows, POD and dynamical systems.
- Aaron Lott is pursuing Ph.D research on spectral-element methods and geophysical flows.
- Alfredo Nava-Tudela is the sys-admin for the Beouwulf cluster, NIMZO.
- George Stantchev does visualization research with me and is sys-admin of the LCV SGI computers.