My principal areas of interest include quantum thermalization, strongly correlated phases of matter, and entanglement.
- “Partial breakdown of quantum thermalization in a Hubbard-like model,” James R. Garrison, Ryan V. Mishmash, and Matthew P. A. Fisher [arXiv:1606.05650].
- “Many-body localization in the presence of a small bath” Katharine Hyatt, James R. Garrison, Andrew C. Potter, and Bela Bauer [arXiv:1601.07184].
- “Does a single eigenstate encode the full Hamiltonian?” James R. Garrison and Tarun Grover [arXiv:1503.00729].
- “Theory of a Competitive Spin Liquid State for Weak Mott Insulators on the Triangular Lattice,” Ryan V. Mishmash, James R. Garrison, Samuel Bieri and Cenke Xu, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 157203 (2013) [arXiv:1307.0829].
- “Non-Fermi-liquid d-wave metal phase of strongly interacting electrons,” Hong-Chen Jiang, Matthew S. Block, Ryan V. Mishmash, James R. Garrison, D. N. Sheng, Olexei I. Motrunich and Matthew P. A. Fisher, Nature 493, 39–44 (2013) [arXiv:1207.6608]. (see also: commentary by Patrick Lee)