I am a theoretical physicist, working primarily in the field of quantum condensed matter physics. My research interests include the thermalization and dynamics of isolated quantum systems, zero-temperature phases of matter, and methods for simulating quantum mechanics on both classical and quantum hardware. One broad theme that unifies each of these areas is the central importance of quantum entanglement.
- “Site-by-site quantum state preparation algorithm for preparing vacua of fermionic lattice field theories,” Ali Hamed Moosavian, James R. Garrison, and Stephen P. Jordan [arXiv:1911.03505].
- “Entanglement Bounds on the Performance of Quantum Computing Architectures,” Zachary Eldredge, Leo Zhou, Aniruddha Bapat, James R. Garrison, Abhinav Deshpande, Frederic T. Chong, and Alexey V. Gorshkov [arXiv:1908.04802].
- “Circuit Complexity across a Topological Phase Transition,” Fangli Liu, Rex Lundgren, Paraj Titum, James R. Garrison, and Alexey V. Gorshkov [arXiv:1902.10720].
- “Probing Ground-State Phase Transitions through Quench Dynamics,” Paraj Titum, Joseph T. Iosue, James R. Garrison, Alexey V. Gorshkov, and Zhe-Xuan Gong, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 115701 (2019) [arXiv:1809.06377].
- “Locality and digital quantum simulation of power-law interactions,” Minh C. Tran, Andrew Y. Guo, Yuan Su, James R. Garrison, Zachary Eldredge, Michael Foss-Feig, Andrew M. Childs, Alexey V. Gorshkov, Phys. Rev. X 9, 031006 (2019) [arXiv:1808.05225].
- “Scale-Invariant Continuous Entanglement Renormalization of a Chern Insulator,” Su-Kuan Chu, Guanyu Zhu, James R. Garrison, Zachary Eldredge, Ana Valdés Curiel, Przemyslaw Bienias, I. B. Spielman, and Alexey V. Gorshkov, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 120502 (2019) [arXiv:1807.11486].
- “Unitary entanglement construction in hierarchical networks,” Aniruddha Bapat, Zachary Eldredge, James R. Garrison, Abhinav Desphande, Frederic T. Chong, and Alexey V. Gorshkov, Phys. Rev. A 98, 062328 (2018) [arXiv:1808.07876].
- “Asymmetric Particle Transport and Light-Cone Dynamics Induced by Anyonic Statistics,” Fangli Liu, James R. Garrison, Dong-Ling Deng, Zhe-Xuan Gong, and Alexey V. Gorshkov, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 250404 (2018) [arXiv:1809.02614].
- “Does a single eigenstate encode the full Hamiltonian?” James R. Garrison and Tarun Grover, Phys. Rev. X 8, 021026 (2018) [arXiv:1503.00729].
- “Lieb-Robinson bounds on n-partite connected correlation functions,” Minh Cong Tran, James R. Garrison, Zhe-Xuan Gong, and Alexey V. Gorshkov, Phys. Rev. A 96, 052334 (2017) [arXiv:1705.04355].
- “Extracting entanglement geometry from quantum states,” Katharine Hyatt, James R. Garrison, and Bela Bauer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 140502 (2017) [arXiv:1704.01974].
See also: all my papers on arXiv.