Return to the Title Page
How We Did It
What follows is an account of what we did to complete the project.
All of the art work is original and created by the students using the kid pix program
by Broderbond. After reading the book in class,students met
in small groups and decided among themselves what they felt were the
most exciting and important part of the chapter they chose to illustrate.
All students in class participated since the novel study was part of the curriculum.
- Read the book The Double Life of Pocahontas.
- Get into small groups and decide what part of the book to illustrate.
- Draw a rough draft of the picture.
- Draw that picture on Kid Pix.. Do not use stamps in Kid Pix..
- Proofread the work then have the teacher proofread it.(copies enclosed)
- Make corrections.
- Record text with Kid Pix program.
- Some kids captured students' pictures using the video camera.
- Some kids shrunk the heads to 75% using Graphic Converter.
- Priti drew the bodies for our artist page.
- Some kids assembled the slideshow.
For the author page graphics, we decide to use our video capturing camcorder.
Students captured all the photos of each other. They used Graphic Converter
to shrink the heads to a size that would fit the generic bodies. The generic
bodies were created by a student who drew a generic Indian boy and girl and
a generic English boy and girl. Each child got to choose what body they wanted
and some students assembled the heads on the bodies.