Return to the Title Page
How We Did It
1. We read several tall tales and became familiar with the characteristics of what make
a tall tale.
2. We also read at least one other version of each tall tale to compare and contrast
the retelling of a basic story.
- We mapped out each story to compare and contrast each main character.
- Extensive work, as a whole class, was done with one tall tale, Paul Bunyan.
All students created a
showing four scenes from the tale.
- Here are some
of the mini poster project to view.
3. We viewed videos of several versions of the tall tales we had read and compared them
to the written versions.
4. We chose one character we would like to honor via a commemorative stamp.
A particular part of the story was chosen and a short narrative was written to
accompany the stamp. The results can be viewed from the