Micro Robotics Lab (http://mrl.umd.edu)
Our vision is to engineer a new class of networked centimeter and millimeter sized mobile robots. To accomplish this goal, we are working on many important aspects of this problem from microrobotic locomotion to low power and efficient actuators to novel fabrication techniques. We hope to adapt the technologies that go into these tiny robots for use in medicine, consumer electronics, and science.
- Autonomous Mobile Microrobots (especially jumping, climbing, and crawling)
- High Power Density Microactuation
- Microfabrication Techniques
- Low-power and Multifunctional Sensing
- Networked Centimeter-Sized Robots
- Millimeter-Sized Power Sources
- Any innovative research that will help us build networks of tiny robots!