Copyright notice: Since most of these papers are published, the copyright has been transferred to the respective publishers. Therefore, the papers cannot be duplicated for commercial purposes. PDF links are provided solely for the purpose of timely academic dissemination.
Link to Google Scholar Page.
Working Papers (under review):
- Integrating Social Network Effects in the Share-of-Choice Problem, with Dilek Gunnec.
- An Inexact Sample Average Approximation Approach for the Stochastic Connected Facility Location Problem, with Gisela Bardossy.
- Efficient Edge-Swapping Heuristics for the Reload Cost Spanning Tree Problem, with Mustafa Sahin, Networks, to appear.
- Local Search Heuristics for the Mobile Facility Location Problem, with Russell Halper and Mustafa Sahin, Computers and Operations Research, to appear.
- The Generalized Regenerator Location Problem, with Si Chen and Ivana Ljubic, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 27(2), 204-220, 2015.
- The Recoverable Robust Two-Level Network Design Problem, with Eduardo Alvarez-Miranda, Ivana Ljubic, and Paolo Toth, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 27(1), 1-19, 2015.
- How to Influence People with Partial Incentives, with Erik Demaine, Mohammad Hajiaghayi, Hamid Mahini, David Malec, Anshul Sawant, and Morteza Zadimoghadam, Proceedings of the 23rd International World Wide Web Conference, 937-948, 2014.
- WDM Optical Network Design using Branch-and-Price, with D. Stanojevic, Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms in Operations Research, 12(4), 407-428, 2013.
- Multi-Period Traffic Routing in Satellite Networks, with I.Gamvros, European Journal of Operational Research, 219(3), 738-750, 2012. Winner EURO 2010 Management Science Strategic Innovation Prize. Video of Award Winning Lecture at EURO 2010.
- The Generalized Covering Salesman Problem, with Bruce Golden, Zahra Naji-Azimi, Majid Salari and Paulo Toth, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 24(4), 534-553, 2012.
- Reload Cost Trees and Network Design, with Ioannis Gamvros and Luis Gouveia, Networks, 59(4), 365-379, 2012.
- The Mobile Facility Routing Problem, with Russell Halper, Transportation Science, 45(3), 413-434, 2011.
- Branch-and-Price for WDM Optical Networks with no Bifurcation of Flow , with D. Stanojevic, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 23(1), 56-74, 2011.
- Dual-Based Local Search for the Connected Facility Location and Related Problems, with M. Gisela Bardossy, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 22(4), 584-602, 2010.
- Variable Neighborhood Search for the Cost Constrained Minimum Label Spanning Tree and Label Constrained Minimum Spanning Tree Problems, with Z. Naji-Azimi, M. Salari, B. Golden, P. Toth, Computers & Operations Research, 37(11), 1952-1964, 2010.
- The Regenerator Location Problem, with S. Chen and Ivana Ljubic, Networks, 55(3), 205-220, 2010.
- Matrix Bidding in Combinatorial Auctions, with R. Day, Operations Research, 57(4), 916-933, 2009.
- A Combinatorial Procurement Auction featuring Bundle Price Revelation without Free Riding, with R. Day, Decision Support Systems, 44(3), 621-640, 2008.
- The Prize-Collecting Generalized Minimum Spanning Tree Problem, with B. Golden and D. Stanojevic, Journal of Heuristics, 14(1), 69-93, 2008.
- Fair Payments for Efficient Allocations in Public Sector Combinatorial Auctions, with R. Day, Management Science, 53(9), 1389-1406, 2007. Winner of 2008 INFORMS Computing Society Prize. Finalist 2009 EURO Excellence in Practice Award.
- Investment Analysis and Budget Allocation at Catholic Relief Services, with I. Gamvros and R. Nidel, Interfaces, 36(5), 400-406, 2006. Finalist for the 2005 INFORMS Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in Operations Research Practice. Maryland Public Television Interview about this work.
- Diversification for Better Classification Trees, with Z. Fu, B. Golden, S. Lele, and E.Wasil, Computers & Operations Research, 33(11), 3185-3202, 2006. Winner of 2005 INFORMS Computing Society Prize.
- A Divide-and-Conquer Local Search Heuristic for Data Visualization, with R. Abbiw-Jackson, B. Golden, and E. Wasil, Computers & Operations Research, 33(11), 3070-3087, 2006.
- The Multilevel Capacitated Minimum Spanning Tree Problem, with I. Gamvros and B. Golden, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 18(3), 348-365, 2006.
- Strong Formulations for Network Design Problems with Connectivity Requirements, with T. Magnanti, Networks, 45(2), 61-79, 2005. Winner of 2006 Glover-Klingman Prize.
- Heuristic Search for the Generalized Minimum Spanning Tree Problem, with B. Golden and D. Stanojevic, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 17(3), 290-304, 2005.
- The Landscape for Electronic Market Design, with G. Anandalingam and R. Day, Management Science, 51(3), 316-327, 2005.
- Low-Connectivity Network Design on Series-Parallel Graphs, Networks, 43(3), 163 176, 2004.
- Long Distance Access Network Design, with R. Berger, Management Science, 50(3), 309 325, 2004. Awarded 2nd place INFORMS Junior Faculty Paper Competition.
- Genetically Engineered Decision Trees: Population Diversity Produces Smarter Trees, with Z. Fu, B. Golden, S. Lele, and E. Wasil, Operations Research, 51(6), 894 907, 2003. Winner of 2005 INFORMS Computing Society Prize.
- A Genetic Algorithm-based Approach for Building Accurate Decision Trees, with Z. Fu, B. Golden, S. Lele, and E. Wasil, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 15(1), pp 3 22, 2003. Winner of 2005 INFORMS Computing Society Prize.
- Bicriteria Product Design Optimization, with M. Ball and V. Trichur, Naval Research Logistics, 49(6), 574 592, 2002.
- A Visualization Model Based on Adjacency Data, with E. Condon, B. Golden, S. Lele, and E. Wasil, Decision Support Systems, 33(4), pp 349 362, 2002.
- Tabu Search for a Network Loading Problem with Multiple Facilities, with D. Berger, B. Gendron, J.-Y. Potvin, and P. Soriano, Journal of Heuristics, 6(2), pp 253 267, 2000.
Refereed Book Chapters:
- Assignment Preferences and Combinatorial Auctions, with R. Day, in Operations Research, Computing, and Homeland Defense, edited by R. K. Wood and R. F. Dell, INFORMS, pp 50-69, 2011.
- Modeling and Solving the Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem on Trees, with B. Chandran, in The Vehicle Routing Problem: Latest Advances and New Challenges, edited by B. Golden, S. Raghavan, and E. Wasil, Springer, pp 239-261, 2008.
- Ex-Post Internet Charging, with J. Bailey and J. Nagel, in Telecommunications Modeling, Policy, and Technology, edited by S. Raghavan, B. Golden, and E. Wasil, Springer, pp 59-79, 2008.
- Ex-Post Internet Charging: An Effective Bandwidth Model, with J. Bailey and I. Gamvros, in Extending the Horizons: Advances in Computing, Optimization, and Decision Technologies, edited by E. Baker, A. Joseph, A. Mehrotra, and M. Trick. Springer, pp 221-245, 2007.
- Twinless Strongly Connected Components, in Perspectives in Operations Research: Papers in Honor of Saul Gass' 80th Birthday, edited by F. Alt, B. Golden, and M. Fu. Springer, pp 285-304, 2007.
- A Note on Search by Objective Relaxation, with D. Stanojevic, in Telecommunications Planning: Innovations in Pricing, Network Design and Management, edited by S. Raghavan and G. Anandalingam. Springer, pp 181-201, 2006.
- A Note on Eswaran and Tarjan's Algorithm for the Strong Connectivity Augmentation Problem, in The Next Wave in Computing, Optimization, and Decision Technologies, edited by B. Golden, S. Raghavan, and E. Wasil. Kluwer Academic Press, pp 19-26, 2005.
- Heuristic Search for Network Design, with I. Gamvros, B. Golden, and D. Stanojevic, in Operations Research and Technology: Tutorials from INFORMS 2004, edited by H. Greenberg. Kluwer Academic Press, pp 1-49, 2004.
- An Evolutionary Approach to the Multi-Level Capacitated Minimum Spanning Tree problem, with I. Gamvros and B. Golden, in Telecommunications Network Design and Management, edited by G. Anandalingam and S. Raghavan. Kluwer Academic Press, pp 99-124, 2003.
- Building a High-Quality Decision Tree with a Genetic Algorithm, with Z. Fu, B. Golden, S. Lele, and E.Wasil, in Computing Tools for Modeling, Optimization and Simulation: Interfaces in Computer Science and Operations Research, edited by M. Laguna and J. L. G. Velarde. Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp 25-38, 1999.
- Network Connectivity, with T. L. Magnanti, in Annotated Bibliographies in Combinatorial Optimization, edited by M. Dell'Amico, F. Maffioli and S. Martello. John Wiley & Sons, pp 335-354, 1997.
Strong Formuations for Network Design Problems with Connectivity Requirements. Awarded George B. Dantzig Dissertation Award by INFORMS in 1996.