Use your browser to view the source of this page.
Additional informatoin about HTML and Web design is available from the course
I recommend the Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities'
as a good place to start.
- place a portion of your text boldface; place a portion of your text
- experiment with horizontal rules <hr>, like the one at the very bottom of this page
- experiment with differ kinds of headers; the one above ("HTML
Sampler") is an <h2>; try <h1> and <h3>
- center a portion of the text (or an image)
- add a background image to your page
- change the default text, link, and visited link
colors for your page; here
are the hexidecimal color codes you'll need
- change the font color and size for various words or phrases on
- change the font face to arial and courier
- create a "mailto" link so people can send you email directly from your page;
mine would look something like this: email@example.com
On to Tables!