MATH/AMSC 420 Grading Policies, Spring 2012
There will be no exams in this course.
Your course grade will be based on the sum of your scores on
The maximum total score possible for the course is 200 points.
The point cutoffs for course grades will be no higher (and will most
likely be lower) than those set forth in the following table:
| your two individual homeworks (maximum of 10 points each)
|| 20 points (10%)
| your seven group homeworks (maximum of 10 points each)
|| 70 points (35%)
| your midterm project (maximum of 40 points)
|| 40 points (20%)
| your final project (maximum of 60 points)
|| 60 points (about 30%)
| your class participation (maximum of 10 points)
|| 10 points (about 5%)
180 points (90%) for a grade of ``A'';
Pluses and minuses might be awarded to those whose point total is close
to a cutoff.
160 points (80%) for a grade of ``B'';
140 points (70%) for a grade of ``C'';
120 points (60%) for a grade of ``D''.
The course grade of ``I'' will be awarded only if all the following
conditions are met:
- You have completed all but a small portion of the required work.
- You have an average grade of ``C-'' or better on the work completed.
- You have a valid reason for not completing the course on time.
- You agree to make up the material within a short period of time.
- You request the incomplete no later than the day after the final