For practice exercises, go to http://www.erols.com/jbrennan/espanol1.htm
• Identify and locate Spanish speaking countries and their
• Greet others, say goodbye, ask for and give names. Express courtesy, and ask for and express opinions.
• Respond to and give simple commands.
• Identify classroom objects.
• Spell name & basic vocabulary. Use numbers to give ages, phone numbers and dates in Spanish.
• Use Spanish days, months and dates to state birthdays and holidays.
• Use time expressions in a variety of situations.
• Describe self and others.
• Describe weather conditions, including temperature.
• Use descriptions of weekend activities in a variety of possible combinations.
• Express preferred ways of spending leisure time.
• Use present tense regular verbs to describe daily routines at home and at school.
• Ask and answer questions about daily routine.
• Identify family members orally.
• Describe self and others orally and on writing.
• Use the correct form of the verb "ser" to describe physical features of family, friends, and self.
• Obtain information about family and friends using correctly:
- Interrogatives and si/no
- "tener" with age
- correct forms of "ser" and "estar"
• Correctly use the irregular verbs SER, ESTAR, TENER, IR
• Express future plans using the formula of IR + A + INFINITIVE
• Present tense of regular -AR, -ER, -IR verbs
• Possessive adjectives (mi/mis, tu/tus, su/sus, nuestro/a - nuestros/as)
• Adjective agreement - number/gender
• Contractions a+el=AL and de+el=DEL
• Definite & Indefinite articles (el/la, los/las) (un/a, unos/as)
• Subject pronouns (yo, tú, él, ella, Ud., nosotros, vosotros, ellos, ellas, Uds.)
• Question words
• numbers 1-1000
• Days of the week, months, dates
• Time vocabulary
• Weather / Seasons
• Family members
• Descriptive adjectives (tall/short, etc.)
• Regular action verbs
• Classroom objects
Back to Top